Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tri-Fold Smpathy card for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for our reminder post at The Flower Challenge for this month's theme of Occasions.  If you haven't already, I hope you'll join us - the challenge is open until the 25th of the month.


For my card earlier this month (link is here if you care to take a peek), I made a birthday card.  This time I made a sympathy card, which I hate using, of course, but always want to have on hand.  I ended up making a tri-fold card, using some new-to-me dies from Poppy Stamps.


I started out by using my Copic markers to color a digi image from Power Poppy. After the coloring was complete, a light blue ink was blended around the background and in as close as I could get to the image without changing the color of the pussy willows or the snowdrops.  Do you usually have a design in mind when you set down to make a card?  If I'm not using a sketch, I typically wing it after I color my image.  That's probably poor planning on my part, and sometimes I do get stuck, but generally I can work something out.  That's what happened this time and then I thought I'd try out the Poppy Stamps dies.


The larger die cut the oval card front plus a half inch tab down the left side.  The tab is intended to be folded and adhered to an A2 panel to create a card.  But since I wanted a tri-fold, I made another white A2 card base, then adhered them all together (photos below give you a better idea).  The die set also comes with an smaller oval to cut out your main image, which I used on the colored panel. A separate coordinating die was used to cut out the patterned paper for each side of the oval and I added some die cut leaves for a little additional detail.  The colored image was added with foam tape, then the sentiment adhered with thin foam squares. 


The photo above shows the card opening and how the colored oval is adhered to the inside.  Below shows the card opened up for a place to write one's message.


Once the die cutting was complete, this card came together fairly quickly.


So glad you stopped by to visit!  Be sure to use the link above to see all the incredibly beautiful cards by the rest of the DT and hopefully join us for this challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Winter Pick-Me-Up digi (Power Poppy), Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Watercolor Wash 6x6 Paper Pack (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Dew Drop (Altenew)
Other:  Oval Fold Framd and Tall Curve Background dies (Poppy Stamps), Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves die (SSS), Elegant Sentiment matching die (WF)
Copics:  RV69, 66, 55, 52, G29, 21, 40, YG45, W3, 1, 0, C1, 00, Y26, 17, 13, 00, E59, 57

2 comments:

Bobby said...

This is fabulous, Stef. I love the pink with the leaves framing your beautifully colored bouquet. It made a wonderful tri-fold card.

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful tri fold card, perfect for the sad occasion and the prettiest of gentle colouring x.