Thursday, February 3, 2022

Deco Birthday for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and I am the Featured Designer this week.  I created this board and I hope you're inspired to join along with us this week!


When I created the tic tac toe board, I had a completely different card in mind than the one I ultimately ended up with.  Crazy!


My original plan was to use a wreath as the main image.  I started by stenciling the pink and purple inks on a white panel, then decided I wanted to make it a shaker card and I'd add the wreath around the outside.  I had a sequin pack in my sequin stash that once I bought it, I really didn't care for, however it worked perfectly for this with lots of pink, muted purple and iridescent sequins, plus I also added in some other clear sequins to give it lots of shaker bits. 


The circle was die cut from the panel, then I trimmed it down and adhered the acetate window to the back.  Foam tape was added to the back, then I piled the sequins on the card base and adhered the card front.  Then I tried to add the wreath but realized it just didn't go with the stencil design, so I searched through my die cut sentiments and found this one already made!  Perfect!  The vellum had even been die cut with adhesive sheet on the back so all I had to do was stick it on and add a few clear sequins, then I was done!


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it. Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Matte Silver (SSS)
Ink:  Pink Diamond, Wisteria (both Altenew)
Other:  Deco Wallpaper Stencil (Altenew), Nested Infinity Rectangle and Circle dies (Hero Arts), Happy Birthday dies (MFT), Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Post), Little Princess sequins (SSS)

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely and feminine, Stef! Terrific shaker!

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow! I can’t even Stef! The inking, the shaker element, the softness of this design... it’s absolutely superb! Vicky x

Silke Ledlow said...

Stef, your card is so fun and beautiful! I love everything about it...thank you for a fun challenge ;) !!!