Sunday, February 20, 2022

Birthday Silhouettes for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time we have a beautiful color combination for you to play with!


I'm also joining the current challenge at Addicted to Stamps, where the theme is Birthdays.


I just love those yummy browns and blues together, I hope you do too!   All you need to do is use at least three colors for the challenge.  I ended up using four - dark blue, light blue, white and dark brown.


I started by blending two shades of blue ink on a panel of Koh-I-Noor bristol, which is a whiter white than Strathmore Bristol, although with this card it ended up not mattering because I covered the entire panel with ink.  I let the panel dry overnight, then worked on the remainder of the card.


I decided to use a few of the beautiful silhouette images from Gina K's Friendly Silhouettes.  I used my Misti so I could stamp the images off the bottom and side edges of the panel, using a dark brown pigment ink for really good coverage.  When that dried the panel was trimmed down and adhered to a white card base.  The sentiment was stamped in the same brown on white and die cut with the matching die.  I used the die to cut two more layers, adhered them together and added to the card front.  Lastly, I fished out those beautiful pearls from a sequin shaker mix and adhered them around the sentiment. Very simple design that could be easily replicated with any silhouette stamps.


So glad you dropped by - now use the link above and check out the beautiful cards by the other DT members, and hopefully be inspired to join us!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Friendly Silhouettes (Gina K), XL Birthday Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Koh-I-Noor Bristol
Ink:  Ocean Waves and Galactic Stream (Altenew), Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  XL Birthday Greetings die, Arctic Aquamarine Sequin Shaker Mix (Little Things from Lucy's Cards)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Dang. Stef, your blending always SO rocks! Perfect and gorgeous background, and a stunning way to set off those stems - just beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeous background for those wonderful silhouettes!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful ombre and silhouette scene! A classic!!

Nandini said...

Beautiful background. I love the silhouette stamping. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

Annette Elliott said...

What a breath taking card, Stef!