Friday, February 4, 2022

Happy Birthday for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome.  I am thrilled to announce that I have been asked to join the Design Team at The Flower Challenge!  If you've been following my blog, you know florals are my one of my very favorite images for coloring and cards, so I was beyond ecstatic when Viv asked me to join the team, and very honored to be creating beside some amazing artists!

Now to the new challenge.  This month our theme is Occasions.


I'm also joining the challenge at Seize the Birthday where the option is to add sparkle and shine.  My card sports a gold metallic sentiment and gold metallic splatters for a bit of shine.


I can always use birthday cards, so our Occasions challenge was perfectly timed!


I decided to use one of the exquisitely drawn floral coloring panels by Emily Midgett (periodically, she will sell her original illustrations on her blog here).  I colored the images with Copic markers, then lightly splattered the panel with gold metallic paint. After the paint dried, the panel was trimmed down to 4"x 5.25".


The sentiment was die cut from Gold Pearl Mirror cardstock and then adhered directly to the panel (I apologize if the sentiment looks slightly out of focus in a couple of the pictures, my camera was absolutely not cooperating and I reshot the photos a number of times).  The panel was added to the Fog card base and that finished things off!


Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to see the gorgeous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this month!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Emily Midgett Color Panel, Fog (Simon Says Stamp), Gold Pearl (Tonic)
Ink:  None
Other:  Happy Birthday Script die (Simon Says Stamp), Gansi Tambi Starry Colors Metallic Gold Paint
Copics:  RV69, 66, 55, 52, BG99, 96, 93, 90, 18, 72, 70, Y26, 15, 11

12 comments:

Viv said...

Gorgeous card here Stef! so happy to see you on our team now too over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) hugs Viv DT xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Stef, and welcome to The Flower Challenge team!!! OH, my goodness, Emily would love your Copic coloring of her blooms as much as I do - beautiful shading, my friend!
It's wonderful making cards with the florals you love so much!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Congratulations on joining such a wonderful design team. Your card is just fabulous xx

Trina P. said...

Congratulations! Your debut card is so beautiful. Gorgeous colouring. I should check out Emily’s panels.

Nancy said...

Congrats! I was so happy to see you joined the Flower Challenge team! You fit the make-up of that talented team so perfectly! They are lucky to have you! YOur debut card is exquisite!

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations, Stef I'm so happy for you!! You debut card as a team member is stunning, BRAVO!!

Aileen said...

Stunning colouring Stef and one of my favorites from Emily. So good to have you on the team xx Aileen

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Stef, just the right amount of sparkle and shine in the shimmery spatters and sentiment. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday too, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Stef, I guess I wasn't very observant when I came by last! Thanks for linking up this gorgeous card at Seize the Birthday!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a beautiful card Stef with that fabulously coloured panel and the pretty hexagonal sentiment label. The gold sentiment is perfect too. Congratulations on joining the Flower Challenge team! Vicky x

Bobby said...

Your Copic coloring is fantastic, Stef. Great first card as part of the Design Team. We're lucky to have you.

TaeEun said...

I love the RV colors you chose for the flowers, Stef! Beautiful Copic coloring on the large blooms! What a gorgeous card! Welcome to the team :)!!!