Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Good Friend

Hello and welcome!  I have a cute card to share with you that I made for the current CAS challenge at The Paper Players.  The lovely Ann has chosen the theme "Wild About Wildlife".


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes.

I had on my desk a sweet Anita Jeram/Colorado Craft company stamp set that I was planning to use for an upcoming DT assignment and thought this cute little guy would work perfectly for Ann's challenge.


Our little guinea pig is out and about in the yard and he's doubly lucky because he found a 4-leaf clover and made a new friend!  I started by lightly ink blending a panel of white card stock with green, then stamped the sentiment and the critters.  The panel was die cut with a arch shaped die, then I used a light hand to add blue ink for the sky with a small blending brush.  The guinea pig and dragonfly (I think that's what it is supposed to be???) were colored with Copic markers, then I added a bit of shimmer to the shamrock and the dragonfly wings.  


Next a panel of white cardstock was die cut with a leaf cover die, then adhered to the white cardbase.  I like the subtle pattern while still leaving plenty of white space.  Before adhering the main image, the accompanying sentiment "...hard to find and lucky to have!" was stamped on the inside of the card, then the die cut piece was added to the front with foam tape.  Super easy and simple!


Thanks for taking time to visit!  Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  4-Leaf Clover (AJ/CCC)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Ocean Waves and Firefly (Altenew)
Other:  Pinpoint Leaf Plate Cover die (Memory Box), Essential Arches die (Ellen Hutson), Aqua Shimmer pen (Tonic)
Copics:  E44, 40, 33, 31, 30, 0000, R20, YG17, 05, 03, B000, 0000

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Stef! This is such an adorable image and sentiment. You have colored this little guy perfectly. I love this arch shaped die! The leafy die created a wonderful background for these sweet critters. Thank you for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is so adorable!!!!!! I love your coloring and this image is the cutest! Such a sweet sentiment, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! I am surprised I haven't seen more of these CCC critters, but I am thrilled to see this one! SO CUTE! So happy you shared it with us at the Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, Stef this is adorable! Great background for this sweet little fella and his friend! I've been eyeing this set for a long time, you might just force me to buy it!

Colleen Begley said...

Cute card, Steph! Looks like great minds think alike, LOL. This is such a fun set to color, isn't it? Happy weekend!