Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunny Days Ahead for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this week we have a wonderful sketch by Amy.


I decided to pull out some as yet unused products from Simon Says Stamp to use for my card and I ended up flipping the sketch for a portrait style layout.


I began by stenciling a panel of white with the Peonies and Leaves stencil.  I carried the colors to go around the images so the leaf and berry stems would show.  A gold gel pen was used to color the berries
then the panel along with a panel of Gold Pearl cardstock was die cut with a deckled edge rectangle.


The panels were then layered at angles as shown in the sketch and then adhered directly to the white card base.  The Etched Butterfly was die cut from the same gold paper adhered together, then added to the panel with thin foam tape on the wings.  In hindsight, I wish I'd use thicker foam tape for a bit more dimension, but I was afraid of mucking up the whole card if I tried to remove it.  I found a wonderful sentiment in the Reverse Get Well Sentiment Strips, and die cut it as well as a strip of gold paper with a skinny sentiment strip.  They were layered onto the card and I was done!


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it.  Be sure to use the link above to check out the wonderful cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to join us!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Gold Pearl (Tonic)
Ink:  Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Magenta, Lime and Fresh Leaf (all Altenew)
Other:  Deckled Frames Rectangle die (Waffle Flower), Etched Butterfly die (SSS), Skinny Strips die (MFT), Peonies and Leaves stencil (SSS), Reverse Get Well Sentiment Strips (SSS), Gold gel pen (Altenew)

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful card, Stef! Marvelous stenciling and colors. Love the golden butterfly!

Rosemary said...

so very pretty... love the gold with the soft pinks and greens.