Thursday, March 3, 2022

Irish Blessing for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this time Jeanne has given us this very fun board to play with!


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is to add a die cut.

For my card I went diagonal from bottom left to upper right - good luck symbol, Spring, ribbon/twine.


While I don't normally send cards for St. Patrick's Day, I couldn't resist this Anita Jeram set from Colorado Craft Company.  Plus I do have a dear friend that is of Irish descent and she will love receiving this.

I started by stamping the guinea pig in the field of shamrocks and the large sentiment on a panel of white, then lightly ink blending with green and blue inks.  I then used Copic markers to color the guinea pig and surrounding shamrocks, then stamped and colored a couple additional shamrocks to add around the sub-sentiment.


Next the colored panel was die cut with a deckled edge die, then added to a white panel that had been die cut with the slightly larger frame die.  I wrapped gold twine around both, tied a bow and secured it all the the white card base with adhesive.  The sub sentiment was stamped, die cut and added to the panel with thin foam squares and the two remaining shamrocks were added to the top and bottom to finish things off.


Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and join us this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  4-Leaf Clover (Anita Jeram/Colorado Craft Co)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Ocean Waves and Firefly (Altenew)
Other:  4-Leaf Clover die, Mix and Match Frames die set (Altenew), Gold Twine (ret. SU)
Copics:  YG17, 05, 03, E33, 31, 30, 0000, R20

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This little fella makes me smile every time I see him! This is a darling card, Stef!