Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Groovy Day

Hello and welcome!  Today I have a fun card to share that I made for the challenges at Festive Friday and Fusion.


Used the sketch from Fusion and for Festive Friday, the three elements are brown, masculine, blue.


I've had this fun Ellen Hutson stamp set for a while, which I bought primarily since my husband loves old VW buses (fortunately we don't have room for him to "collect" them lol!).  Since he's seen this particular card, he won't get this one for his birthday, but we have plenty of other male relatives to send it to.  The bus was stamped and colored with Copic markers, die cut with the matching die, then Glossy Accents was added to the lights and the windows. A silver gel pen was used on the peace sign and also randomly along the bumper and the rear view mirrors.  Once the Glossy Accents was dry, I used a white gel pen to add a "reflection" to the windows.


For the rest of the card, I started by die cutting a panel of plaid patterned paper with a Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, then adhered directly to the white card base.  A strip of Crushed Curry was embossed, trimmed down to fit on the plaid layer, the sentiment label adhered behind it, then it was added to the card.  Two skinny strips of Cinnamon Cider cardstock were added to the top and bottom of the strip to help it stand out from the background.  A white circle was layered on a larger one of Cinnamon Cider, then the bus was popped up with foam tape and the entire thing was mounted on the card, also with foam tape.  

Since I was going retro with this card, I even dug out a couple of brads, cut the prongs off the back and glued them to the card front. Back in the day I used brads frequently on my cards, but it's been a long, long time!


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!

Take care!


Stef


Stamps:  Trippin' (Ellen Hutson)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Crushed Curry, Cinnamon Cider & Plaid Tidings (all SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Trippin' matching die, Tasteful Texture embossing folder (SU), Wonky Rectangle die (SSS), Nested Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts), Stitched Jumbo Fishtail die (MFT), Strips 1 die (SSS), brads, Silver and White gel pens (Altenew), Ranger Glossy Accents
Copics:  B04, 02, 01, 000, C9, 7, 5, 1, 00, T4, 2, 0, Y17, 13

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pop of blue from the VW, this is cute!

Linda Callahan said...

The plaid is a perfect backdrop for your VW bus! Fun card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

Tristan said...

Super groovy card Stef. Love your colour scheme and how your combi van pops from that background DSP. Thanks for joining us at the Fusion Card Challenge.. Tristan DT.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just loved this sketch too Stef! Your VW camper is most definitely groovy and the mustard background definitely adds to the retro 70s vibe - I love it! Thanks for playing along with our current Festive Friday challenge!

Melva Peters said...

Very cute card!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I swear I had a boyfriend who had a shirt with this same check - and color! It's just perfect for your VW bug. Thanks for taking me down memory lane! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
jaydee

Beth McCullough said...

I used to use brads all the time too, Stef!! Love your groovy card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge this week :)