Friday, January 21, 2022

Snow Happy for Just Us Girls

Hello and welcome! It's my fourth week as a Guest Designer for Just Us Girls, where it's Photo Week.


I'm also playing along with the Addicted to Stamps and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.


For my card, I was inspired by everything in the Photo Week photo - the colors of blue and red, the winter scene and the hearts - but instead of snow people, I used cute animals.


I love this sweet scene between the bunny and deer! Like many card makers, Anita Jeram illustrations are some of my favorites.  First the scene was stamped on white cardstock, then I used a black Copic Multiliner to add additional snow in the background to give the scene more depth. Then everything was colored with Copic markers.  I grabbed the heart stamps from another AJ set, stamped, colored and die cut them.  


Next, a panel of light blue was adhered to the card base, then the main image was die cut with a scallop rectangle die and layered on two additional scallop rectangles for added dimension.  The hearts were glued to the scene, painted with a shimmer pen, then covered with Glossy Accents to make them shiny and that finished things off for this super simple card.  I opted not to add a greeting right now; I can always do that before I send it.


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the fabulous cards by the DT members and hopefully join in the fun this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Snow Happy and Hedgehog Day (both AJ/Colorado Craft Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Surf Blue (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Hedgehog Day dies, A2 Scallop rectangle die (Honey Bee), Aqua Shimmer pen (Tonic), Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Copics:  B0000, BV20, YG91, E47, 44, 47, 37, 33, 31, 30, W3, 1, R20, 24

13 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Stef... I, too, love AJ. This scene is adorable beyond words. Your coloring is impeccable. I love all the extra touches and your layout. Thanks so much for guest designing this month!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know if I can stand the cuteness! Love your colors and the sweet scene with the little animals. Adorable card, Stef!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet scene with the bunny, deer and snowball - wonderfully colored!

Nancy said...

Love your sweet winter scene, Stef. You have done an incredible job with these great Anita Jeram images. Love the small hearts too. Awesome job using every element of the photo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such an adorable scenery card! Those images are just too sweet.

Bobby said...

That is such an adorable image, Stef, and your coloring of it really brought it to life.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a cute, snowy scene with that bunny and deer! I love how the photo inspired you to make this beauty. A huge thank you for joining us this past month and sharing your amazing talent with us!

cm said...

A beautiful, serene scene, filled with friendship and love!
~carol

Ina G said...

Simply adorable snowy wintery scene Stef. So beautiful and realistic.

Christine | Dances With Hooves Paper Design said...

That stamp set is just too precious - I love how you used it here! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
C

Lisa Kind said...

I love this image and how you added more depth to it. Very cute card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This scene is as cute as can be! And what a fabulous coloring!

Susan Renshaw said...

Cute card!
Thanks for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!