Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Elegant Motifs Birthday

Hello and welcome! Today I'm sharing a card made for the challenges at The Paper Players and Watercooler Wednesday.



I think I struck a feminine tone with this birthday card using those lovely colors and a kind of swirly, fun stamp.


Typically, I lean towards somewhat realistic floral stamps, but I have to say I had fun with this more stylized image, especially with all the flourishes and whatnot.  I used Copic markers to color it and I think I got pretty close to the SU colors.  The Just Jade took a bit of time to figure out, and I like the end result. Once the coloring was complete, the image was cut out with the coordinating die.  The sentiment was stamped with Calypso Coral and also die cut with the matching die.  When I went to stamp the sentiment, I found that the ink pad was dry, so I reinked it and then stamped.  To me it seems a little dark in color, but I think that may be due not waiting for the ink to completely settle into the ink pad.


Next came the layers.  A swirly cover plate die was used to create the pattern on a panel of Pale Papaya, then it was trimmed down and adhered to the white base.  The white scallop panel was adhered to the base with foam tape, then the floral image and sentiment atop that, also with foam tape.  That last was a bit fiddly due to all the small leaves and flourishes - next time I'll just adhere a couple of additional die cuts underneath, which will be so much quicker lol! The final touch was to add a few gems for sparkle.


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it!  

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Elegant Motifs (Altenew), XL Birthday Greetings (SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Pale Papaya (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Calypso Coral
Other:  Elegant Motif die, XL Birthday Greetings die, Chunky A2 Scallop Rectangle die (SSS), Detail Swirls Cover Plate die (SSS), Iridescent Gems (Lucy's Cards Little Things)
Copics:  R08, 05, 22, 11, YR02, 01, 00, 000, G17, BG34, 11

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Stef, love the swirls in the background!

I Card Everyone said...

By now you know I just love a debossed panel - you've chosen the perfect one today, Stef! It's as if that flower is still growing right before our eyes! Fabulous coloring and a great match for that Jade!
So pretty!
=]

LeAnne said...

I've not seen a flower that you've colored that I haven't loved, Stef! This is no different! Your background treatment is beautiful too! Thanks so much for sharing this with the Players this week!

Jennie Maier said...

What a pretty card Stef! I love your coloring and especially love the patterned background! Thanks for playing this week at The Paper Players!!

Cindy Beach said...

I love this card, Stef! The debossed panel and scalloped layers are a perfect mix with the fresh colors and soft florals.

Helen said...

What a beautiful card with a soft delicate look. These flowers are gorgeous and the colour pallet is super pretty and feminine! Thanks so mcuh for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)