Friday, January 14, 2022

Just a Hello for Just Us Girls

Hello and welcome!  It's my third week as January guest designer over at Just Us Girls and this week we have some beautiful colors to work with.


I'm also sharing my card at Four Seasons Challenge, where the theme is Winter, and the new Colorful Options Challenge, where the theme is Winter Blue. Colorful Options is a new challenge, so be sure to head over there and check it out.



When I saw the JUGs colors, I had an idea in my head about using a large branch die that I bought a while ago but hadn't made it onto a card yet.  While my card turned out a lot different than my original vision, I really love the end result.


I started by ink blending a light blue on a panel of white, then trimming it down with the deckled rectangle die.  Then I die cut the large leafy branch from silver and twice from white, layering it up for stability and dimension.  I dug through all my leaf/branch dies and found a few, some die cut from white cardstock and some from vellum.  Then I hit upon grounding everything with a die cut wreath.


Before assembling all the parts, the blue inked panel was popped up on the white card base with foam tape and then I remembered I wanted to splatter with silver metallic and white gouache. So the splatters ended up on the panel and the card. Oh well. ;-)  The wreath was die cut a couple times, adhered together then added to the card.  All the branches were adhered, then I found a previously die cut sentiment that worked perfectly in terms of size.  It was layered across the silver die cut branch and anchored with a bit of foam tape on the right end, and that finished things off!


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to see all the gorgeous cards by the DT members and hopefully join the fun this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Just a Hello Floral (Pinkfresh Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Silver (SSS), vellum
Ink:  Blueberry (Altenew), Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Delicate Leafy Branch die (SSS), Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves dies (SSS), Create-A-Wreath dies, Just a Hello Floral sentiment die (PS), Deckled Frames die (Waffle Flower), White Gouache, Finetec Pearl Silver metallic paint

13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty use of the colors! Love the added vellum leaves in there too

ElizStewart said...

Stef... absolutely loving the pale blue, speckled background that you deckled and popped up. Stunning with the selection of leaves. So glad you are guesting with us this month!

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know what your original vision was, Steph but this one is beautiful! What a fabulous branch die that is. I love the addition of the vellum branches with it and the softness they add!

Diane said...

Beautifully elegant!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Colorful Options and Four Seasons!
Diane CO DT and FS DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}
{Four Seasons}

Nancy said...

I am in love with this card, Stef! That delicate leaf branch is one I would love to have! Each element is perfectly executed! Off to research if I can get my hands on that die! Thanks for enabling! :)

Darlene said...

Oh Stef this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I simply LOVE your overall design and that soft blue background is perfect!! Fabulous inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. And, thanks so much for playing along and helping spread the word about the new COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE

Makira said...

Stef, this is a stunning card! 💙💙💙 the soft winter blue and the addition of the vellum branches. Perfection achieved!! Thank you very much for joining and mentioning our new challenge on your blog. See you soon! Cheers, Makira CO DT

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is stunning! I love the combination of the silver leafy branch and the vellum. Your ink blending of the soft blue is beautiful and I love those splatters. I really love this card!

Ina G said...

Wow the composition of this gorgeous card is spot on with the soft blue background and the silver, white and vellum leaves look so lovely in front of your grounding circle. Love the deckled die and of course the splatters.

cm said...

Your leafy hello card is stunning; a marvelous showcase of this week's colour combination!
~carol

Lisa Kind said...

This is stunning! I love the vellum, the light blue inking and that splatter! Lovely card!

Bobby said...

It looks like we had a similar vision, Stef. Those silver leaves are gorgeous against the light blue background and the wreath and added leaves fill it out beautifully.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Stef. I've been looking at a lot of cards today, and this is a favorite for me. I love the soft sweet design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge, and please stop by again soon.