Sunday, January 23, 2022

Shaker Love for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new color challenge at Sunday Stamps!  I love these beautiful colors, perfect for winter or Valentine's Day cards.


I'll also be sharing my card at Time Out Challenges, where the current theme is "in love".


For my card, I created my first edge to edge shaker card.  Shaker cards are a design I rarely make, but I was intrigued by all the YT creators making these cards and had to try it out.


I started by stenciling the Elegant Swirls stencil in red on pink cardstock.  The red color ended up not being as vibrant as I wanted, but the bits in the shaker more than make up for it.  Next, I repurposed some stamp packaging, cutting it down to about a half inch larger on each side than the pink stenciled panel.  I used Score Tape to adhere three sides to the back of the panel, added all the sequins and heart confetti, then sealed up the fourth side.  I then adhered the shaker to the white card base.


Next, the heart wreath was die cut twice from white cardstock and once from white glitter cardstock, layered up for dimension and adhered to the card front.  The sentiment was stamped in gray pigment ink then clear heat embossed.  The word love was cut with the coordinating die and the secondary part of the sentiment with a label die.  Once those were adhered the card was complete.  It really did come together rather quickly, and I love how it turned out!


Thanks for taking time to visit, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the gorgeous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us for the color challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  So Much Love (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Cotton Candy and White Glitter (both SSS)
Ink:  Ruby Red (Altenew), Versafine Clair Morning Mist
Other:  Wreath of Love die (SSS), Skinny Strips die (MFT), So Much Love die (SSS), Nested Infinity Rectangle die (Hero Arts), Elegant Swirls Stencil (Altenew), Sizzix Pinks & Reds sequin set, Cupid's Kiss sequins (SSS), Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Hero Arts clear embossing powder

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I tried an edge to edge shaker once, it was an epic fail! Yours is incredible! Love this Stef!

Nonni said...

Your shaker card is stunning! All the different shades of red add so much interest and detail. I also love your use of dies. Thank you for joining us at Time Out and do not miss our new Inspired by Words challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I've been wanting to try one of these shakers too Steph - hope it turns out as pretty as this one! Gorgeous!!