Thursday, January 20, 2022

Dahlia Hello

Hello and welcome!  Back with a second post this afternoon, but this time for The Flower Challenge, where we are to make a monochromatic colored card, with flowers of course! I wasn't sure I'd have time to join the challenge, but the card I made is very simple and came together quickly.



Rather than Copic coloring, I decided to change things up and use a stencil to create the floral images for my card.


These bright blues just made my heart happy when I was creating this card.  The stencil has two layers for the flowers, plus I inked up the negative space with the darkest color, all from Altenew's Deep Blue Seas ink pad set.  The panel was then trimmed down to 4.75" square and mounted on a 5" square white card base with foam tape.


The sentiment was die cut once from Matte Silver and twice more from white, then adhered to the card front.  At the last minute I decided to add silver baubles for a bit of bling and that's it!


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it. Come back by on Sunday when I will post my DT card for Sunday Stamps.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps: None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Silver (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Sea Breeze, Tide Blue and Starlight (Altenew)
Other:  Layered Dahlia Stencils A & B (Altenew), Blooming Bouquet Hello die (Altenew), Silver Baubles (Trinity Stamps)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It might be simple, Stef but those big blooms pack a punch! Fabulous card!

I Card Everyone said...

Simply stunning, my friend! What a gorgeous card! I normally am not a fan of blue - but since I haven't seen the blue sky in a while, your beautiful blues were a welcome treat today, Stef!
=]

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card here Stef! loving all the yummy blues too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

VERY BEAUTIFUL CARD, STEF, I LOVE ALL THE SHADES OF BLUE ON THESE LOVELY FLOWERS. THE "HELLO" WORD REALLY STANDS OUT!!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH US AT "THE FLOWER CHALLENGE"
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
XO.
MARIA/DT