Thursday, September 2, 2021

Beware the Cat for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week Carol has brought us a fun board to play with! I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme it "Stamp It!"


For my card I went down the middle column - cat, orange, tag.


I started with a panel of Bristol paper then heat embossed in black the broom riding cat and the bats.  I adore this image and the clever sentiment!  Next, I blended various distress inks over the images then die cut it with a tag die.  On a separate piece of Bristol I ink blended yellows and oranges then die cut it with a circle die to create the moon.


With all that done, the rest of the card was fairly simple.  A strip of embossed black cardstock was layered across a panel of orange that was then adhered to the black card base.  I used my black Copic marker to color some hemp twine, then tied on the bow before adding the tag to the card with foam tape.  The white embossed sentiment was added with thin black squares and lastly some black enamel dots were added.


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Wicked Together (Picket Fence)
Paper:  Orange Peel and Black (Simon Says Stamp), Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade, Black Soot DI
Other:  Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts), Tag Trio Die (Ellen Hutson), white and clear embossing powder, hemp twine, Copic 100 marker, Essential Black and White Enamel Dots (Altenew)

3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Stef... your blending is amazing! The card is soooo effective... just love it!

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE that fun sentiment. Your background on this tag is so lovely and your moon-FABULOUS. Really cool design.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is so fun! That tag is really eye-catchibg and I love the sentiment too!