Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Delicate Birthday

Hello and welcome! I have a card to share that was created for the challenges at Addicted to Stamps, The Flower Challenge and Seize the Birthday.  





For my card, I decided to try some no-line coloring.  I've tried it before and not been satisfied with the results but this time I was happy with how it turned out.


Some of my favorite colors are in the blue-green family, so this was a labor of love.  I stamped the image with Ink on 3 Fadeout ink, then used a Copic Multiliner to go over the stamen before coloring, so I wouldn't lose the images.  Next I colored the flower in shades of turquoise and the leaves in both cool and warm grays (although that doesn't appear too obvious in the photos) with Copic markers.  When that was done, I'd forgotten I didn't have matching dies for this stamp set (it's been a while since I've used it), so I opted to fussy cut.  


To create the card, I first used a cover plate die to create the swirl stitching on the white panel, trimmed it down then added Fog and black layers beneath, then was mounted to the white card base with foam tape.  A stitched scallop circle with a removable interior was die cut from white, then a black circle adhered onto the back to add contrast to the floral image.  The flower and the circle were both popped up on thin foam tape, then the sentiment strip added.  The final touch was to scatter a few silver baubles on the card.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit!  I will be back with a second post this afternoon, so check back in if you have time.

Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Delicate Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Fog (SSS), Reverse Birthday Sentiment Strips (SSS)
Ink:  Ink on 3 Fadeout
Other:  Detail Swirls Plate Cover die (SSS), Stitched Scallop Circle die (Pinkfresh Studio), Nest Infinity Circle die, Crystal Collection-Night Sky baubles (Little Things by Lucy's Cards), Copic Multiliner
Copics:  BG07, 05, 02, 01, 000, 0000, W5, 3, 1, T4, 2, 0

7 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Stef!! You have really mastered the no-line colouring. Your flower is amazing with all the shading. You've really brought it to life! Beautiful design with the shaded gray leaves, scalloped circle framing, and accents in black. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card with that beautiful blue flower. Love your color combo and the stitched background, so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Aileen said...

Beautiful eye catching creation Stef, love the beautiful colours on the petals and that wonderful background. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

JulieP said...

Holy Cow Wow!!! This is amazing! Love, love, love your coloring and combined with the stitching and b/w this is just stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous! I am not at all surprised by your no-line results. I love the other color choices you paired with that beautiful blue. As I mentioned in my email this morning...keep creating! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday, we appreciate it!

Viv said...

Such a stunning card Stef!, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Susan Renshaw said...

So pretty!

Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!