Sunday, September 19, 2021

Warm Hugs for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Sunday Stamps challenge, and this week Lisa has given us that fabulous sketch to work with.


I'm also joining the current challenge at Color Throwdown.  These colors (navy, blue, green, orange) are perfect for a fall scene.


For my card I decided to have a scene running the length of the card and incorporate the vertical rectangle as part of it, which I moved more to the left to work with my layout.


These sweater-wearing critters are part of a favorite fall stamp set of mine, just because they're so darn cute (thank you Birdie Brown)!  Plus they are fun to color with my Copic markers.  After completing the critter coloring, they were die cut with matching dies.  Next, I worked on the two panels, for which I also used my Copics to make a fall background.  It's not terribly realistic but I'm okay with that since it's the backdrop for critters in sweaters taking a stroll and drinking coffee 😆!  I temporarily adhered the vertical panel to the horizontal one to make the panel intersections as smooth as possible, then permanently adhered them together when it was complete.


After the background coloring was done, the critters, sentiment and clouds were adhered with a combination of craft glue and thin foam tape. The embossed panel was adhered to a white card base, then the scene panels added with thin foam tape.  Since there was so much already going on in the scene, I opted to forego any embellishments on the card.


Here's sending warm hugs to you for taking time to visit!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the wonderful cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us for our sketch challenge!

Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Sweater Weather in the Woods (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam
Other:  Bark 3D embossing folder (Stampin' Up), Sweater Weather matching dies, Stitched Rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp), Petite Clouds dies (MFT), Copic Markers

1 comment:

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a fun fall scene! So glad you joined us at CTD!