Thursday, September 30, 2021

Hugs for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week Silke has created this great board to spark your creativity! 


For my card, I used the middle row - Black, Stripes, Wreath.

I'm also sharing at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the current theme is Anything Goes.


When I saw wreath as an option, I immediately thought of this stamp set that as yet I have not put to use, so I was happy to finally do so.  The wreath was stamped with black pigment ink, then clear heat embossed.  Next the sentiment was also heat embossed but with rose gold powder.  I then pulled out my Fintec metallic paints but it didn't have a gold that matched the embossed sentiment, so I added some purple metallic ink to a puddle of gold and it surprised me that it worked beautifully. Just the flower centers, random dots and leaves on a couple of branches were painted.  When that dried the I used the coordinating die to cut it.


Next two black panels were trimmed down to 5 3/8" x 4 1/8", and a large strip of striped pattern paper was added to the bottom.  The other panel was embossed with the Diamond Stars 3D folder then trimmed down then adhered above the striped paper.  The wreath die was used to cut two more in white, then they were layered behind focal point and glued onto the card.  Lastly I added three white enamel dots around the wreath.


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully are inspired to join us this week!

Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Garden Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Stacked with Love dsp (ret. Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark
Other:  Garden Greetings matching die, Diamond Stars 3D embossing folder (Altenew), Fintec Pearlescent Colours metallic paints, Clear and Rose Gold embossing powders, Essential Black and White enamel dots (Altenew), 

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this - so elegant in black and white with a touch of gold!