Sunday, September 5, 2021

Thankful and Gr8ful

Hello and welcome back!  It's time for a new color challenge at Sunday Stamps and this one is just perfect for late summer or early fall. 


ETA:  I'm also joining the current challenge at The Paper Players, which is to use a number on your card, which I did on the license plate of the truck.


I decided to go with a Fall themed card using the SSC colors.


I've had this pickup stamp set for a while and used it on a few cards (if you click on Honey Bee in the Labels section in the right side bar to see other examples).  This time I used the new Loads of Fall stamp set to fill the back of the pickup with a load of pumpkins, gourds and a sunflower stalk.  The images were all colored with Copic markers then die cut with matching dies.  


To add some dimension and allow me to tuck the pumpkins behind the tailgate, a second tailgate was stamped, colored, die cut and added to the truck with foam tape.  I kept the background very simply, just ink blending a soft green on a panel of Bristol and adding to the Desert Storm card base.  The truck was adhered directly to the panel along with the corn stalk and one of the pumpkins with the second popped up with foam tape. Since I'd stamped "GR8FUL" for the license plate, I thought the thankful die cut sentiment worked well.  


As always, I really appreciate your visit!  I hope you'll use the link above to see all the fabulous cards by the other DT members and join us for this great color challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Big Pickup Tailgate, Loads of Fall, Bitty Buzzwords: Fall (all Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up), Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Bundled Sage Distress
Other:  Stamp set matching dies
Copics:  Truck - E19, YR18, 14, W9, 7, 5, 3, 1, 0, C5, 3, 2, 1, E43, 42, 41; Pumpkins/Gourds - YR23, Y15, 13, 11, E43, 42, 41, 40, YR09, 16, Y38, 17, E59, 57, 55; Sunflower:  Y26, 15, 13, 11, E59, 57, 55, YG67, 63, 61

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this fun truck full of pumpkins and autumn colour. What a clever way to incorporate a number too!! Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Love it! I would love to have my very own truck full of fall harvest, just like this! I would be GR8FUL for sure! Super cute way to incorporate a number into your card! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Stef, you know I wish I had this truck. Red or turquoise would be perfect! Such a perfect FALL card and a clever way to incorporate numbers! Always happy to see you in the gallery at The Paper Players!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE all the fun stamps layered in this truck. GORGEOUS design!