Thursday, March 4, 2021

Just A Note for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello, friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge!  This week the fabulous Tenia has created a terrific board with loads of inspiration.  


No surprise, for my card I went down the left column (splatter, flowers, green).  I enjoy doing scenes, cute critters and different techniques, but my first love is always coloring flowers.

I'm also joining the current Double D Challenge, where the theme is Book Covers.  So clever!  I was inspired the greens and the red flowers in the There's A Tiger in the Garden cover.





The large camellia in the Best Friend Ever set was calling me, since it reminded me the bushes in my parent's backyard when I was growing up.  My mother loved her red camellias so that's how I colored the one on my card. 

The camellia was colored with Copic markers.  Since I was going to use a lot of green, I aimed to achieve a red mix that was more on the pinkish side than the tomato red side - also I didn't want it to look like a Christmas card LOL!  When the coloring was complete, the floral image was die cut with the coordinating die.


To create the background, I ink blended Rustic Wilderness Distress ink on a panel of Bristol paper, going from dark to light in opposing corners.  The panel was splattered first with water, then some watered down green ink and next with pearl metallic acrylic paint.  The pearl paint didn't stand out well enough so I added splatters with white gouache.  I tell you, I had a fun time just splattering away!  

When the panel was dry, it was run through my die cutting machine with the leaf cover die, then cut down with the rounded rectangle die.  The panel was matted on the black layer then added to the white card front with foam tape.  After the sentiment was heat embossed and cut with a circle die, both it and the floral image were added to the panel with thin foam squares.  Because the background was busy enough already, I decided not to add any gems or other embellishments.


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it so much.  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the amazing cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to play along with us this week!

I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy.  Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Best Friend Ever (Simon Says Stamp), Mini Everyday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versamark, Rustic Wilderness Distress
Other:  Best Friend Ever matching die, Nested Infinity Rounded Rectangle and Circle dies (Hero Arts), Pinpoint Leaf Plate cover die (Memory Box), White Gouache, Pearl Metallic Acrylic Paint (Ranger), Wow Superfine white embossing powder
Copics:  R37, 35, 43,YG67, 45, 41, B99, YR24, 23, Y21

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous. Love the bold red flower on the pretty green background with all the splatters.

Barbara said...

Very nice background for that beautiful flower. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge, Book Cover.
Barbara DT

Darlene said...

Oh Stef ... this is just GORGEOUS! Great take on the mood board! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Book Covers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Diane said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card this is, so vibrant and so pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}