Sunday, March 14, 2021

All About You

Hello friends!  I hope you're doing well and enjoying your weekend. We're have unseasonably warm weather in the mid 60's today, which is such a treat after a very cold February. I know there's been some crazy weather across the country the last few days, I hope you've managed to avoid that! 

On to the reason you're visiting! Today I'm sharing a card made for two challenges - Just Us Girls where we are to use embossing folders and the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is All Things Feminine.




3D embossing folders seem to be all the rage right now and rightfully so, in my mind, as they produce some beautiful results.  Today I used one from Altenew that has gorgeous floral images.  


As I started working on my project, I pulled out a bunch of ink blended and painted backgrounds I'd made many months ago and went into full Jennifer McGuire mode (if you've ever watched her videos, she always uses the technique she is sharing to make oodles of backgrounds that she then turns into cards), and used various embossing folders, mostly 3D on these panels. I probably ended up with about 10 or so.  Then I used a white pigment ink pad to lightly go over the top of the embossed images which picked up the ink just on the ends of the images.  Oh, I had so much fun!


The panel I used for my card today had been ink blended with Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet Distress inks.  After the panel was embossed, I sprayed it with a shimmer spray, which my camera really picked up in these photos.  After the spray dried, I used the white pigment ink pad to lightly apply ink to the edges of the flowers, leaves and the tips of the stamen.  While the ink dried, the word you was die cut from black three times then glued together, and I stamped and trimmed out the remaining part of the sentiment.  

I trimmed down the embossed panel to just shy of 3", adhered it to a panel of white, then added the 1/8th inch strips of black on each side. It was trimmed down to just slightly smaller than an A2 size, then adhered directly to the white card base.  After adding the sentiment, the last touch was to add clear sequins.  I love how this turned out with the vibrant colors and the beautiful embossed flowers!!


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  Take care and have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  All About You (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versafine Claire Nocturne, Hero Arts Unicorn White, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet Distress
Other:  Beautiful Berginia 3D folder (Altenenw), Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Spray, You word die (MFT), Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out beautiful! That embossing folder is perfect for the sanding off technique! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty effect with the white highlights on the embossing, gorgeous colours, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

Bobby said...

Your ink blending is marvelous, Stef, and the white ink really brings out the details in the flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Created by Kath said...

Your card is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!-Kath