Sunday, March 7, 2021

Beautiful Wings for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends, and welcome back!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps where Heidi has given us two fun sketch options.



For my card, I decided to use the one on the left.


This was such a simple card to pull together once I made a decision about what papers to use LOL!  I decided to use a sheet from one of my old Basic Grey paper pads (the date on the front of the pad is 2009!!)  I love the colors and thought the botanical background would be perfect for the heat embossed moth.


I started by heat embossing in white on pearlescent vellum that fabulously detailed large moth, then it was die cut with a coordinating die.  I also die cut a second moth from vellum to layer underneath.  To put the card together, I started with a 5 x 7" white card base, directly adhered a panel of Rose Red, then added the three strips of patterned paper.  The moth was added with discretely hidden small pieces of foam tape.  The sentiment was adhered to the top of 3 layers of white card strips, then added to the moth.  A few enamel dots were scattered about to finish things off.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the challenge and all the beautiful cards by the other DT members.  I hope you'll be inspired to join us for this great challenge!

Take care, stay safe and healthy, and enjoy the coming week!

Stef


Stamps:  Beautiful Wings (Gina K)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Rose Red (ret. SU), Pearlescent Vellum (Lawn Fawn), Indian Summer paper pad (BG), Thinking of You Sentiment Strips (SSS), 
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Fine Detail White embossing powder (SSS), Botanical Enamel Dots (Waffle Flower), Beautiful Wings Coordinating dies

2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Gorgeous! I love the lacy butterfly, and the contrasting thin sentiment is perfect.

Melissa Grant said...

I love how you heat embossed the moth on the vellum, it really brings out the detail and brings it to life! Great choice of DSP paper too!