Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Big Birthday Wishes

Hello friends and welcome to my second post for today, where I am sharing a card created for Seize the Birthday and Addicted to Stamps! If you want to take a peek at my other card you can find it here.




I made a festive birthday card for a dear friend who is a big car lover.  Originally I was going to make it a scene card, which is the "Toppings" option at Seize the Birthday, but it just didn't come together, so I'm going with the Anything Goes option.


I love those balloons floating out of the back of the pickup tailgate.  We can only assume they are strongly tied down so they won't fly away as the pickup merrily drives down the road LOL!  The pickup was stamped and colored with Copic markers, as was the group of balloons, then both were cut with their coordinating dies.  To add the balloons to the back of the pickup, I used an Exacto knife to cut a slit at the top of the tailgate and slid in the string tails, then adhered to the pickup underside with a bit of washi tape.


To create the base I ink blended a 5x7" panel of white with a light blue/aqua ink, then added stenciled stars to the top two-thirds using a stronger application of the same ink.  Next a frame was created using two sizes of A7 rectangle dies and adhered on the panel.  The first part of the sentiment was stamped at the top then the panel was added to a white card base.  Foam tape was added to the back of the pickup and the balloons floating above the truck, then adhered to the base.  The second half of the sentiment was die cut and added to the back of the tailgate.  Finally, to finish off the card, Glossy Accents were added to the balloons to make them shiny.


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciate it!  Take care and I hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

Stef


Stamps:  Big Pickup Tailgate (Honey Bee), Pickup Lines (HB), Balloon Bundle (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Dew Drops (Altenew)
Other:  Big Pickup Tailgate and Pickup Lines Coordinating dies (HB), Balloon Bundle Coordinating die (MFT), Scattered Stars stencil (Simon Says Stamp), A7 Rectangle dies (Waffle Flowers)
Copics:  R39, 29, 24, 14, BG23, 11, 10, Y15, 04, 00, W9, 7, 5, 3, 1, C7, 5, 3, 1, RV69, 19

3 comments:

Cathy said...

What a fun card, love how you slid the balloons into the back of the tailgate, this design would make a great wedding card too! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Another great card using that truck! Your coloring is top-notch and I love the star background too. Sticking the balloon string through the tailgate was a great idea. When I grow up I want to color as well as you! Always inspirational when I see your work. Thanks for sharing over at Seize the Birthday!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is a fantastic card. Love the image and colouring. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!