Friday, February 28, 2020

Precious Little One

Hello friends, I hope you've had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend!  Tonight I'm sharing a card made with the current challenges at Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm also joining the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme this week is Anything Goes.



I decided to use a new to me stamp set that I won as a random prize during the last 30 Day Coloring Challenge (thank you Kathy Rac!!).  It is a delightful Hero Arts stamp set with retro critters, and when thinking of the CTD colors, I chose a darling bear holding a heart nearly as big as she is!


I used my Copic markers to color up the image with the challenge colors, plus adding a neutral warm gray to ground the bear then die cutting with a stitched circle die.  I remembered I had some long retired SU patterned paper in a kraft color, so I pulled out sheets to create the banner and the background.  For the background piece, I decided to color the tiny hearts with the bright pink to kind of tie everything together, then adhered it to a slightly larger panel of aqua card.


After adding the background pieces to the card base, I trimmed down the banner and popped it up on foam tape with die cut focal image partially overlapping.  Finally, I heat embossed the sentiment in dark brown ink, die cut it and also popped it up on foam tape.




Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Enjoy your weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  From the Vault Cute Animals (Hero Arts), Small Phrases (Verve)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Sea Glass (Simon Says Stamp), Love Blossoms dsp (SU ret.)
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  Stitched Shapes Framelit circle (ret. SU), Scallop A2 Rectangle die (Honey Bee), Hero Arts clear embossing powder
Copics:  E37, 33, 31, 30, R22, 20, RV09, 06, 02, BG10, 000, 0000, W3, 0

5 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Such a sweet card Stef! That little bear is just too cute! Great colouring as well! Love the mix of papers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be! I love the detail of the colored hearts! Sweet card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww! What a preciously sweet, wonderfully greeting.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautifully colored bear! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Super cute Stef - I love the way you used the papers and incorporate the colours for what I thought was a tricky combo (I might have to CASE as I have some of that DSP stashed away!)