Sunday, February 16, 2020

Friends Forever

Friends forever.  Do you have a friend like that, who has been part of your life for a long, long time?  I have one who has been like a sister to me for most of my adult life.  We don't see one another often, but when we do, it's like the conversation picks up like we'd been together just yesterday.  This card is for her.


The tulips were colored with Copic markers and die cut with matching dies.  I found a panel of embossed white card in my stash that I thought would add some nice texture, trimmed it down and added to the lavender card base.


Next I took a smaller panel of white card to use as the main focal point, stamped the sentiment in gray in the upper right corner so the tulips could lie across the panel without covering it up, then used a splatter stamp to add more gray, and interest, on the white panel.


I popped the tulips up on the small panel with thin foam adhesive, then used regular sized foam tape to add the whole thing to the base.  I would have added some sequins but I wanted to keep the card more mail friendly so I can send it off to my friend this week.

I'm joining the current challenges at Color Throwdown and Fresh Made Sketches, which acted as the design inspiration for my card.




Thanks for visiting,  it's always appreciated!

Until next time,

Stef


Stamps:  Sketch Tulip Bouquet (Simon Says Stamp), Mini Everyday Messages (Mama Elephant), Gorgeous Grunge (ret. SU)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Lavender (SSS)
Ink:  Gina K Jet Black amalgam, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot DOX
Other:  Tulip matching die, retire SU embossing Folder
Copics: V17, 15, 01, 000, YG67, 17, 03

5 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef this caught my eye in the CTD gallery this morning as a real standout - so beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it! Friends like that are hard to come by but are to be valued and treasured, for sure.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, I LOVE this tulip card with your amazing coloring! It's gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

WOW! Simply stunning! Your coloring is amazing- the size of those tulips- magnificent! I love the spattering of grey oh the sentiment panel- the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Well Stef Perry those tulips are ahhhhmaaaazing! Wow your coloring is fabulous! Gorgeous card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Cécile Ribon said...

Those tulips are stunning! What an amazing coloring job! Thanks so much for sharing at Freshly Made Sketches.