Sunday, February 2, 2020

Love You for The Paper Players!

Welcome back!  It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players and this week the wonderful Claire is hosting.  The theme is Love is in the Air, which is so perfect with Valentine's Day coming up.  I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.


For this card I decided to go a route different than my normal Copic Coloring, or even a typical Valentine.  You see, I bought the most delightful die at one of those year end sales and have been itching to use it.


Isn't she lovely?  The image made me think of a fairy perched on the crescent moon (although the die name says angel not fairy), and possibly even Cupid, although there's no bow and arrow.  After die cutting the fairy and the tiny heart from gold mirror card stock, I was trying to envision what my sky would look like.  I decided to flip through some alcohol ink backgrounds that I made over a year ago, and found this one with the purples, blues and gold.  I wanted to preserve as much of it as possible (because I think it is soo pretty!) so I cut it to a 4 x 5.25" panel, layered some more gold paper underneath then added it to a black card base.


The die cuts and heat embossed sentiment were added to the panel with some foam tape and that's a wrap!  As you can see from this photo, the down side to flat photography is getting one's reflection in the mirror card stock LOL!  I really thought I had avoided that but when I went to edit the photo for this post, I could see it and it was too late to retake the photo.  Oops!  Oh well, IRL the card is sooo pretty!

Thanks so much for visiting, you know I always appreciate it!  I hope you'll join us for this week's terrific challenge at The Paper Players!

Stef


For more inspiration, check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team!

The Paper Players Design Team



Stamps:  Heartfelt Sentiments (Altenew)
Paper:  Black, Tonic Polished Gold Mirror card stock, Yupo
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Ranger Alcohol Inks and Gold Mixative, Angel in the Moon die (Alexandra Rehke), Antique Gold embossing powder (Altenew)

7 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, that alcohol ink background is STUNNING, Stef! I love the rich colors paired with the gold foil and heat embossing. Absolutely gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

This card is AMAZING...that background alone stands out, but your sweet little gold diecut is perfect for the focal image! Great as a "love" card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, thank you for the kind introduction! WOW!!!!!! This card is gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I am in awe of that alcohol ink background! The purples and blues are amazing together! I agree, I think this little angel, fairy or cupid is precious! Love that sweet little gold heart, too! YOU rocked my challenge this week! XX

laurie said...

Gorgeous! I love that alcohol ink background!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh my goodness!! This background is absolutely stunning - and the perfect backdrop for your sweet cherub upon the moon!! Love!

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow, wow, wow! Stef, you have created an absolute showstopper with this gorgeous card! The background is amazing and the gold silhouette against it is just perfect! Vicky x

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Stef! That background is out of this world! It's the perfect backdrop for the gold cherub! Awesome!!!