Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Happy Christmas

Well, I'm back with another card to share!  Today my card is for the current challenge at The Paper Players, where Joanne has given us a wonderful sketch to create with, plus I am also adding this to the 30 day Coloring Challenge!


I'm enamored with the super cute Gnome card kit (for December) from Simon Says Stamp that I received last Friday, so I decided to use one of the 20 or so gnomes I put together yesterday for this card.  I used the Lil' Gnome die included in the set to die cut all the parts, then employed Copic markers to color the nose and beard, with the remainder paper pieced from card stock plus patterned paper included in the set.


Once the gnomie was put together I worked on the card base and background.  I used white embossing powder to heat emboss snowflakes and the word Christmas on the red card base, then added the rest of the sentiment that was stamped and die cut with a label die.  The snow hill was die cut from white card stock previously sprayed with a shimmer spray, added to the base, then the patterned paper strips and the cute gnomie layered on top.

Then I decided the card needed something more, so I lightly sponged white pigment ink around the corners of the red card.  I also smooshed a corner of the white stamp pad on an acrylic block, added a small bit of water and used a small watercolor brush to add white in the open letters of the embossed sentiment, in order to make it a bit more pronounced.  I wasn't sure if that method would work with pigment ink versus acrylic or watercolor paint or gouache, but I was happy with how it turned out.


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope all of my US visitors have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Stef


Stamps:  Gnome For the Holidays (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Slate, Schoolhouse Red (SSS), PhotoPlay Kringle & Co. patterned paper
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark
Other:  Alabaster embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Sentiment Labels die (SSS), Stitched Hillsides die (Lawn Fawn), Lil' Gnome die (SSS), Mini Red Pom Poms (Darice)
Copics:  E13, 11, 00, C3, 1, 00

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this Stef - that gnome is adorable! I am fortunate to have a very similar gnome that my lovely PP teamie LeAnne knotted for me - I think they are so cute! Yours make a perfect focal point alongside that bold, modern sentiment - love it! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

SO cute..I just love this! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I am obsessed with that gnome and you showcased him beautifully. So glad you joined us again at the Players this week
jaydee