Monday, November 18, 2019

Pinecone Christmas

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Holley is hosting this week and has chosen a great combo of Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso, with a dessert option to add sponging.

As I was writing this post I realized 1) I mistakenly used Cherry Cobbler rather than Real Red and 2) forgot to add the sponging for dessert I was going to put around the edge of my main image.  Totally bummed!  However, I still love how my card turned out and I think I'll be making a few more of these to send out for Christmas!


The pinecone image is from a large background stamp and was stamped using Copic friendly Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink onto white card stock.  The artist gives lots of clear indication where the shadows lie on the pinecones, so I used 3 shades of brown similar to Early Espresso, making a few highlights but not worrying too much about blending as I knew it wouldn't be too visible after creating a snowy effect with White Gouache.  I used a Pale Moss marker for the background and the darker Moss for the pine needles.


I used a fairly thick application of the White Gouache on the outer pinecone tips, then heavily splattered a more watered down version to create the look of snow.  While that panel dried, I die cut the Merry sentiment from both white and cherry card stock, then layered them together.  The word Christmas was also stamped in Chocolate Truffle and die cut.  Once the main panel was dry, the card was assembled and, while a bit hard to see,  I added some iridescent jewels around the sentiment.


Thanks so much for visiting, as always it's so appreciated!  I hope you'll use the link above and check out the Color Challenge at SCS!

Stef


Stamps:  Pinecone Background, Holiday Sentiment Mix 1 (both Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam 
Other:  Lucy's Iridescent Jewels, Merry Frame die (SSS), White Gouache
Copics:  YG61, 67, E47, 44, 43, 42

No comments: