Sunday, November 24, 2019

Gnome Better Holiday!

Hi there and welcome back!  I'm now heavy into making Christmas card (10 down, 40 to go...yikes!) and I have a fun one to share that I made for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Jen B has created a great sketch with lots of design options.


I received my December 2019 Simon Says Stamp card kit on Friday and was excited to use it to create some Christmas cards and this is the first of many.


I was going to resist buying this kit but became so charmed by this utterly cute die cut gnome and the fun sentiments in the stamp set that I succumbed LOL!  It also has some great patterned papers, but for this card I decided to use papers from last month's SSS card kit, with lots of great patterns mainly multiple shades of green.

The gnome base, nose and beard were die cut from white card stock, with patterned paper used for the gnome hat and coat.  I used Copic markers to color the nose and beard, then adhered all of the pieces to the die cut base.  The presents, also part of the stamp set, were stamped, colored and fussy cut.  I die cut the green card stock scallop rectangle, added a layer of patterned paper and adhered to the white card base.  Next I layered on the presents, then popped up the gnome and sentiment on thin foam squares to keep it good for mailing.


Thanks for visiting, it's always appreciated!  I'll be back tomorrow evening with my card for the SCS Color Challenge, so I hope you'll come back and check it out!

Stef


Stamps:  Gnome for the Holidays (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Frayed Leaf (SSS), Forever Green pp (Moda Scraps)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam
Other:  Lil' Gnome die, A2 Scallop Rectangle die (Honey Bee), Infinity Nesting Rectangle die (Hero Arts)
Copics:  E13, 11, 00, G46, 43, R39, 37, W3, 1, 0

1 comment:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! I just love that gnome! Love all of that green!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!