Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Moon, the Stars...and Santa!

Hello friends, I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!  I'm sharing a card today that was made for the current Teapot Tuesday Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  This week the challenge is the 12 days of Christmas, with 12 items to try to fit on your card; I didn't do too well, I only got 6 on mine.  The recipient is the mother of one our SCS Dirty Dozen alums who has had to move to an assisted living right before the holidays, so we are sending our Christmas cards to cheer her up!

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is "Starry, Starry Night".  Well, my card has stars and more!

I used a retired Hero Arts monthly kit that has fabulous silhouette dies (along with tons of cute North Pole images) and thought it would made a great nighttime scene.  I started by ink blending Distress Inks to create the night sky on a panel of Bristol paper, masking the spot for the moon.  While that panel dried, I die cut the mountain silhouette from navy card stock, the trees from green card stock and the town from black.  I used Distress inks on the mountain and tree silhouettes to darken them up and when that ink was dry, used a white gel pen to simulate the reflection of the moon on the silhouette die cuts.


When the sky panel was dry, the sentiment was heat embossed and Santa was stamped flying across the sky with black pigment ink.  After the dies were layered across the bottom of the panel, I used the white gel pen to add all the "stars" in the sky


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciate it!  I'll be back on Monday with a card for the new Color Challenge on SCS, so I hope you'll swing back by and check it out!

Stef


Stamps:  Hero Arts October 2017 Monthly Card Kit, Merry Christmas sentiment (unknown)
Paper:  Black, Soft Navy (SSS), Shaded Spruce (SU), Strathmore Bristol, Neenah Solar White (card base)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Pine Needles
Other: White Alabaster embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Sakura White Gelly Roll pens 05, 08, 10

1 comment:

Chaoscolouredglasses said...

I love this card so much, I think my absolute favourite bit is the little white detailing on the trees, it just totally completes the card. It lifts everything up to another level of stunning 😀

Austin (& Sally) : Chaos Coloured Glasses