Thursday, November 7, 2019

Pop's Birthday

Hi there and thanks for visiting!  My father-in-law celebrated his 95th birthday (!) last Monday and I made him a card using the current Mojo Monday sketch.


I haven't been able to participate for a while as I moved from Oregon to Idaho in the last two months, so I was happy to finally be able to join in.

  
Masculine cards are somewhat tricky to me depending on the recipient but I thought a sunrise vignette with the Evergreen Circle die would work great with patterned papers from Moda Scraps contained in the most recent Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I made a variety of backgrounds for this circle die with various ink blending colors but in the end settled for a very simple sunrise look with lots of yellows at the horizon and just a touch of blue at the top, using Distress Inks to do the job.  I sandwiched the ink blended circle between the die cut trees and a similar size base and mounted on the card base with foam tape.  The sentiment, from an old Stampin' Up stamp set, was heat embossed on the base in gold embossing powder.


Thanks for visiting, it's always appreciated!  I hope you'll use the link and check out this fun challenge!

Stef  


Stamps:  Sky Is the Limit (SU ret.)
Paper:  Garden Green, Strathmore Bristol, Forever Green (Moda Scraps)
Ink:  Versamark; Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass Distress Inks
Other:  Hero Arts Gold embossing powder, Hero Arts Infinity Circle dies, Evergreen Circle die (SSS)

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a great card! Love that sunset. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!