Monday, December 2, 2019

Christmas Joy

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting and has chosen the colors Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce and Gold, with a dessert option to make a Christmas or winter birthday card.  Because I still have a number of holiday cards to make, I went with Christmas for my dessert option.

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.

I went back to the beautiful Pines and Berry background stamp to create my card.  It was stamped in a Copic friendly ink and colored in colors similar to the challenge colors.  Since the stamp makes a 5.5" square image (or thereabouts), after coloring, I cut the panel in half so I could create 2 cards with it.


After the panel was trimmed down, Versamark ink was used around the edge of each side then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I was going to add it to a white card base after that but it was just too plain, so I took an A2 sized panel of white card stock and ran it through my Big Shot with a long retired SU snowflake embossing folder, then adhered to the card base before layering on the colored panel.  The sentiment was gold embossed on Cherry Cobbler card stock and die cut.  I used a hand punch to put a hole at the top to add the gold cord, then it was added to the card front with thin foam squares.  A few gold sequins finished things off.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Holiday Sentiment Mix 1, Pines and Berries Background (both SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Versamark
Other:  Snowflake embossing folder (long retired SU, sorry not sure of the name), Lots of Labels framelit, Antique Gold embossing powder (Altenew), gold sequins, gold thread
Copics:  R39, 37, G28, 17 03

No comments: