Monday, November 11, 2019

Leaves and Berries

Hi friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I'm hosting this week and have chosen the colors Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzaz and Garden Green with a dessert option to add a metallic.  Time to get those Christmas cards rolling, if you haven't already, and these traditional colors should work well for that.  I know I still have a ton to make!!


I used two newer stamps from Simon Says Stamp's Cheer and Joy release.  The background stamp is meant to coordinate with the sentiment that comes in a separate stamp set.  I made two versions with different background card colors and layers under the large sentiment.


For both cards, the background panels were heat embossed with gold embossing powder, one on Cherry Cobbler and the other Garden Green.  I used a Misti to stamp the sentiment panels in Copic friendly ink, leaving the stamp in the positioner until I completed coloring it, then put it back in the Misti to stamp with Versamark, then set with the gold embossing.  I blended light and dark greens on the leaves to work in colors similar to both Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green.


Other than card stock differences, I did add a strip of gold mirror card stock on the red base and chose to layer the sentiment with a gold panel on the green version.  I think the red background is my favorite version.



Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  I hope you'll use the link above and join in the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Leaves and Berries background, Holiday Sentiment Mix 1 (SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Tonic Studios Polished Gold Mirror Card
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Versamark
Other:  Antique Gold embossing powder (Altenew), Hero Arts Infinity Rectangle dies
Copics:  YG67, 17, 03; R39

No comments: