Monday, April 8, 2019

Bouquet Birthday

Hi there!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Jeanne is hosting this week and has chosen Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove and Berry Burst, with a dessert option to add sparkle.  I'm also using a sketch from the SCS Sketch Challenge from a couple of weeks ago.


I knew I wanted to use a bouquet of some sort to work with the CC colors and went looking some of my older stamps.  I found a sweet wood stamp from the Lockhart Stamp Co. (now out of business) that I probably bought eight or nine years ago and I'm unsure if I ever used it, so I decided this was the time.


Because the image is so small, I decided to use colored pencils similar to the challenge colors.  In addition, I used colors similar to SU-defined neutrals to color the leaves, the little pot holding the bouquet and the "table" holding the pot. 


For the background panel, and to make the stripes according to the sketch, I used a score board to create the ridges after die cutting the panel.  Finally I added the heat embossed sentiment plus a few iridescent jewels and a shimmer pen on the flowers to add the sparkle for "dessert".


Thanks so much for visiting!

Stef


Stamps:  Unknown name (Lockhart Stamp Co.), Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight, Berry Burst
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Layering Ovals framelits (SU), Stitched Scallop Rectangle die (SugarPea Designs), Sentiment Labels die (SSS), scoreboard, Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen, Lucy's Iridescent Jewels
 

No comments: