Monday, April 15, 2019

More Spring Flowers Birthday

Hi there!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Karen is hosting this week and has chosen the lovely combination of Lovely Lipstick, Mint Macaron and Very Vanilla, with a dessert option to add roses.  I did have a bit of dessert on my card with a rose in the lower right corner of the watercolor panel.

I'm also joining the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday and the No Designer Paper challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.



I was searching around for a rose stamp or image that I wanted to use for this challenge and found a previously heat embossed panel in my scrap folder.  I used reinkers in Lovely Lipstick, Mint Macaron and Night of Navy (a SU designated neutral) to color the floral images.  To achieve the purple on the crocus, I mixed Lovely Lipstick and Night of Navy inks and used a very diluted bit of Lovely Lipstick for the light pink background.  After it initially dried, I added splatter from the reinkers and white gouache.


While the watercolor panel dried, I used Cracked Pistachio Distress ink to stencil the mint panel, added a die cut scallop horizontal strip across, then adhered to an Ivory card base.  I added a bit of the same die cut scallop strip to the bottom of the watercolor panel added to the base with foam tape, then adhered the die cut sentiment and a few sequins.


So glad you were able to come by and visit!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  More Spring Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Ivory, Mint (SSS), Arches #140 Cold Press watercolor
Ink:  Versamark, Cracked Pistachio DI, Lovely Lipstick, Night of Navy (SU)
Other:  Butterfly stencil, Happy Birthday Script die (SSS), Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame, A2 Stax Stitched Rectangle die (MFT), Hero Arts White embossing powder, White Gouache, Sparkling Clear Sequins (PPP), Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen
 

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, love these colours. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x