Monday, April 22, 2019

Beautiful Day

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I'm hosting this week and have chosen Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana and Tranquil Tide with a dessert option to add leaves. 


For my card I used the Outline Leaves Background stamp, heat embossing on a panel of Arches cold press watercolor paper.  After taping to a board, I covered the panel with clear water then dropped in ink in the challenge colors.  When dry, I heavily splattered some gorgeous Metallic Pearl Acrylic paint, which I loved with the soft watercolor background.


I used the Altenew Leafy Garland die to cut leaves from both Coastal Cabana card stock and some Platinum vellum, which has a gorgeous metallic look.  Because it is not as sheer as regular vellum I was able to add drops of Ranger Mat Medium along the stalk to adhere it just off the card stock die cut below.


With the leaves attached, the panel was layered on a slightly larger piece of white card stock, then added to the Coastal Cabana card base.  The sentiment was stamped on white card stock with a light gray ink, hand cut then popped up with foam tape.  A few iridescent jewels and sequins were added as the finishing touches.


Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you'll use the link above to check out this week's SCS Color Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Outline Leaves Background (Simon Says Stamp), Beautiful Day (sentiment/Altenew)
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Neenah Solar White, Arches 140# Cold Press watercolor, Platinum vellum (Grafix)
Ink:  Versamark, Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana, Tranquil Tide, London Fog (Memento)
Other:  Hero Arts White embossing powder, Ranger Metallic Pearl Acrylic Paint, Leafy Garland Die (Altenew), Sparkling Clear Sequins (PPP), Lucy's Iridescent Jewels
 

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous! I love your stamping and the use of the vellum is perfect!

MBFairySky said...

Fabulous idea ! I love it ! Thanks for sharing !