Thursday, February 14, 2019

Wild Flower Birthday

Hi there and welcome back!  The current monthly Flower Challenge has drawn me in, with it's theme to use out latest stamps or dies. 

Well, I recently spied the lovely Wild Flower stamp set from Mama Elephant, and somehow it made it's way into my shopping cart and now in my craft room!  One of my lovely sister-in-laws is celebrating a birthday next week so I used it to make her a card.


The floral image was stamped on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copic Markers.  Lots of little images so it was a bit time consuming but what a delight to color!  I die cut it with the matching die then set it aside to create an ink blended background.  I started with Bristol paper to make blending easy, then chose three Distress inks that would complement the floral image.  After splattering with water drops and completely drying, the panel was die cut and adhered to a white card base.  The floral image was popped up on the card with foam tape, then a die cut sentiment was added above, along with a few sequins.  You can't really see it in the photos, but the final touch was to use an Aqua Shimmer pen to add sparkle to the sentiment and the flowers.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!!  I've added a link to the challenge above, so be sure to head over there and check it out!

Stef


Stamps:  Wild Meadow (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam; Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose Distress Inks
Other:  Happy Birthday Script and Stitched Rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp), Wild Meadow Matching die, Lucy's Iridescent Jewels, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Tonic Nuvo Simply White Crystal Drops (used to dot the "i") and Aqua Shimmer Pen, Copic Markers, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen (dots on flower)
 

1 comment:

Viv said...

This is so beautiful Stef! I bet your sister-in-law loved it too.Now I want that stamp set too lol...oh dear another set I NEED ! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx