Monday, February 18, 2019

Birthday Blooms

Hi there and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Pam is hosting this week and she has chosen the combination of Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and White, with a dessert option to add rhinestones.  For my card I've combined the Color Challenge along with the current SCS Sketch Challenge.


I decided to use one of my favorite Stamping Up stamps, Birthday Blooms, coloring the stamped image with Copic markers in colors similar to the Challenge Colors.  White gel pen was added to the flower stamen, then it was fussy cut and added to a white die cut circle.  For the background, two yellow Distress Inks were blended in an ombre fashion, splattered with water, pearl acrylic paint and white gouache, then when it was dry, die cut with a stitched rectangle die.  I used a border die from the Flourish Thinlits to represent the diagonal piece in the sketch.  It wasn't long enough to reach from corner to corner, so I strategically cut it where it knew it would be covered by the circle then adhered it to the background.  The circle was added along with a sentiment, then the rhinestones were added to finish things off.



I'm so glad you visited!  I've added a link to SCS above where the challenges can be accessed, so I hope you'll check them both out!

Stef


Stamps:  Birthday Blooms (SU)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam; Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber Distress Ink
Other:  Ranger Pearl Metallic Acrylic paint, Winsor & Newton white gouache, Flourish Thinlit and Stitched Shapes Framelits (SU), A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax die (MFT), Basic Rhinestones (SU), Sakura White Gelly pen
Copics:  V01, Y08,06,02,11, YG03,17,67,91
 

No comments: