Sunday, February 24, 2019

Chubby Bunnies

Hi there!  I have a fun Easter card to share made with some of the cutest bunnies I've seen in a while.  I've made this for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.


For a long time I've been looking for a new Easter/Spring stamp set with images that I delighted in, and finally I found a set Sunny Studio came out with this year with the several cute bunnies, a couple of chicks and other Easter type images.  With this set I created a fun scene using a few of the stamps, creating hills in the background with Copic markers and lightly ink blending clouds in the sky with a stencil.



Aren't those bunnies so cute?  I masked the chick and the bunny on the left before stamping the rest of the images.  Next I used a cloud stencil and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with a Clarity stencil brush to create the clouds in the background, working around the bunnies ears towards the bottom 3rd of the panel.  The bunnies, chick and basket were Copic colored, then I created the grassy foreground that fades off to some round green hills in the background, also with Copics.  Lastly, I put the panel back in my Misti to stamp the sentiment banner and colored it with markers used for the main image.  After the panel was die cut and adhered to a white card base, I added Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the banner letters.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated.  I've added a link above to the FMS challenge, so be sure to check it out!

Stef


Stamps:  Chubby Bunny (Sunny Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Other:  Cloud Stencil (MFT), Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze, A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax die (MFT)
Copics:
Bunnies - W3,1,0,R20,30
Chick - Y17, 15, 11, R20
Basket - YR23, 27, E27
Eggs - RV02, 04 BG11, 13 Y11, 15
Grass - YG01, 03, 11, 17, 63, 67 G09, 28
 

3 comments:

Amy O said...

Oh my goodness! I love your little work of art. These bunnies are adorable, and your coloring is spectacular -- your hillside with grass is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Gerry said...

Ohmygosh this is the cutest Easter card every!! I absolutely love it. I'm pinning for future reference.

Jen Timko said...

This is really amazing! The fabulous coloring, the gorgeous details...just wonderful. So glad to see you this week at FMS!