Friday, February 22, 2019

Climbing Clematis

Hi there and welcome back!  I have another card for the current challenge at The Flower Challenge, where the theme is to use your latest stamps or dies. 


I recently purchased my first digi stamp from Power Poppy.  It's not a new stamp but it's new to me, and I was thrilled to find it as we have a Clematis in our backyard that looks identical.


I sized the image to fit on an A2 size card (although I ended up die cutting it smaller), then colored the it with Copic markers.  My husband had a picture on his phone of the blooms from last summer, so I was able to match up the color pretty closely.  This was a dream to color, the details are so amazing!  After using a stitched scallop die to cut out the panel, it was adhered to a white card base and a heat embossed sentiment added. 


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  Be sure to use the link above to check out TFC!

Stef


Stamps:  Climbing Clematis (digi, Power Poppy), Wild Meadow (sentiment/Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Nocturne Versafine Clear (sentiment), Gina K Amalgam
Other:  SugarPea Designs Card Front Builder Stitched Scallop Rectangle die
Copics:  RV69, 17, 55, 52, Y03, 17, 67, Y17, YR04, 15, 27
 

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! Your coloring is perfect and I adore those flowers!!

CherylQuilts said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is exquisite as always, and the depth you've achieved is fabulous! Beautiful finishing touches with the faint blue and the sentiment, and i love the scallops. Stunning and more, my friend! I'm sure you are eager for spring to come and flowers to bloom again! Hugs and love! xoxo

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card here Stef! love your pretty flowers and bright colouring too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Stef!! what a gorgeous card, WOW!! your coloring is outstanding, the shades you created on this blooms and on the sweet butterflies are amazing!!!!!
Now you made me want to get this digi, it's so beautiful.
Thank you for playing along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you come and play again next time.
XO
Maria Rodriguez.DT