Wednesday, February 20, 2019

You Are Amazing

Hello friends!  Tonight I have a card to share made for the current challenge at The Paper Players, where we are to make a CAS monochromatic card. 

PP429

Over the years, my style has trended more towards CAS, but there are many definitions of what "that" it.  I do love creating a main image and not adding multiple layers or tons of embellishments, so I guess that would be my personal style of CAS.

For this challenge I began with an Altenew bouquet stamp and colored it with many different shades of brown Copics.  I die cut the panel and mounted it with foam tape onto a Desert Storm card base and added a sentiment. 


I totally love seeing this beautiful bouquet in various shades of brown.  I can't really describe why, but it was such a joy to color!  I guess it is the richness of the different browns coming together, they look so beautiful in their lush color variations, while still from the same family.  Wow, just like the human race I guess!  ;-)

The sentiment is a favorite of mine from a lovely stamp set from Simon Says Stamp; the sentiments in this set are so encouraging and life affirming.


Thanks so much for visiting, I am truly grateful!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the PP challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Blooming Bouquet (Altenew), Sketch Lotus Flowers (SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Desert Storm and Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam, Versamark
Other:  SugarPea Designs Card Front Elements Stitched Scallop Rectangle Die, Bitty Banners Framelit (sentiment/Stampin Up), Copic markers (as in almost every brown I own LOL!)
 

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous!!!!!! I love the shades of brown on this lovely bouquet! Your coloring is amazing! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

LeAnne said...

I can see why you like this, the browns together on your floral image are very rich and classic! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wow Stef what a gorgeous card! Those browns tone in beautifully and make your bouquet a real stand-out. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Chris Smith said...

What a gorgeous card!