Saturday, August 1, 2026

Merry Christmas for CH138

Hello friends!  Today marks the beginning of a new challenge at Color Hues!  This time the lovely Karen is hosting and has chosen a beautiful color combination.

Thinking I wanted to create at holiday card with the color combo, I envisioned a stamped image with ink blending in the background.  But then I happened upon a small stamp set that I received 2-3 years ago as a gift with purchase and changed course with my plan, although I still made a card for Christmas.


As soon as I spotted that sweet little bird opening its gift, I knew I had to create with it.  Because it's a mini stamp, I created a mini scene.

After stamping the image I started with the night sky, using a lighter blue Copic around the bird and package and create the "snow" line, intentionally making it a bit bumpy like snow would be.  Two other blue markers were used to create the dark part of the sky then I blended them into the lighter portion.  After coloring the bird and package, I used a gold gel pen to color the ribbon and the stars on the package, then white splatter was used to create a light snow.  

The scene was cut with a small, notched corner rectangle then I use the same die and a smaller one to create a gold frame.  The background panel was created with a larger notched rectangle die, then embossed with a snowflake folder.  Everything was layered on a panel of navy, including the foiled sentiment.  The final touch was to add three gold stars in the sky, just because the left corner seemed a little bare.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll take a moment to head over to the challenge blog to see the fabulous creations by the rest of the design team and our wonderful guest designer, Rachel Ball.  The challenge will remain open until Friday August 14th at 9 am EDT.  I hope to see your card in the gallery!

Stef

  • Colorado Craft Company/Anita Jeram Thoughtfulness Bird (CCC doesn't carry AJ products anymore but I saw many CCC/AJ sets on Ebay.)
  • Simon Says Stamp A2 Notched Rectangle dies
  • Spellbinders Comfort and Joy Sentiments Foil Plates & dies (ret).
  • SB Sparkling Snow embossing folder

3 comments:

Karen said...

Stef, your scene building is wonderful, and the image is so charming! Your framing and the embossed snowflake background make this one very special Christmas card!

Bonnie said...

What a awesome scene, Stef! I love how you did this snowy night sky and the snowline is perfect! An adorable Christmas card and fantastic use of these colors!

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I LOVE the scene you created. The way you did the sky is fabulous.