Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sending Hugs for CH139

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and this time the lovely Marcia is hosting.  She's chosen a beautiful combination that can work for many designs.



I'm also joining the current Pick 2 challenge at Time Out Challenges. My picks are CAS and floral.  It's a maybe on monochromatic since I used 2 colors.

 


Originally, I had another card created and posted using these colors with die cuts, but decided to go another route and with some vibrant ink blending.  Take a look.


I was sorting through some older stamps and happened upon this oldie but goodie, and realized a silhouetted sunrise/sunset would look wonderful and it would be an easy make.

A panel of white cardstock was trimmed down to 3" x 4.25", then stamped along the bottom using black pigment ink.  When dry I used several Distress inks to create the background sky.  I thought I might use a black mat beneath and add to a white card base, but the drama of no white was too much to resist.

I think I spend more time trying to find a sentiment with the right words that were also sized appropriately.  Three gems finished things off.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll take a moment to visit the challenge blog where my talented teammates and our wonderful guest designer Priscilla some have beautiful cards to inspire you.  The challenge will remain open until 9 am EDT Saturday August 29th.  I hope you'll join us!

Stef 

This is my second post today.  If you wish to see my first card, you can take a peek here or scroll down. 

  • Impression Obsession Garden Silhouette stamp
  • Altenew Evergreen Beauty Mini Stamp set
  • Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin and Wild Honey Distress inks
  • Simon Says Stamp Warm Tones Dazzling gems

No comments: