I'm also sharing with Darnell's NBUS challenge as this is the first outing for the main stamp and die set I used in today's card and joining in with the Anything Goes option of the Seize the Birthday challenge.
The newest little in our family is our great niece, and she is a cutie patootie! She turned two in mid-July and I had So.Much.Fun. making this card for her birthday!
I started out with Lawn Fawn's stamp and die set that came out last year for Stamptember at Simon Says Stamp. It has all the kitties and much of the other parts, but I also grabbed two older LF stamps from my collection to add the balloons, the cute bird, the hearts and one of the sentiment bubbles.
I decided on a color palette (other than the critters) of pink, aqua, yellow and lime green. I used my Copic markers to color everything, then out came the white gel pen to add some polka dots and stripes on the balloons and some of the packages.
I was trying to decide what type of scene to make with all these critters and thought it would be a fun design to use one of the postage collage A2 dies to create frames for little vignettes. I went with the A2 size, which is 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and it was die cut 3 times and stacked for dimension.
Distress inks were softly blended on a panel of white for the background, which was trimmed down to the same size as the frame before adhering. Most of the images were popped up on foam squares. Before adding to the card base, I ink blended pink around the edges. Lastly, I added Glossy Accents to the balloons, Stickles to a couple of the party hat pompoms and lots of sparkle with a shimmer pen to many of the items.
Thanks so much for visiting! I encourage you to take a moment and head over to the Paper Players, where my amazing teammates have some super cute cards to inspire you. The challenge will remain open until Friday, August 7th at 3pm EDT. I hope to see your card in the gallery!
Stef
- Lawn Fawn/SSS Purrfect Birthday stamps and dies (no longer available but LF has oodles of similarly cute sets available).
- LF Happy Birthday Deer stamps and dies
- LF Hippo Birdie to You stamps and dies
- Waffle Flower Postage Collage A2 Block die
- Kitsch Flamingo, Twisted Citron and Salvaged Patina Distress Inks
- Stardust Stickles, Tonic Shimmer pen and Ranger Glossy Accents
- Copics - BG11, 13, RV 02, 04, Y00, 11, 15, YG05, 01, T1, 2, 3, 4, YR14, 16 18, Black





No comments:
Post a Comment