For this card, I used three stamps that are oldies but goodies, two of which I've had for at least a decade.
The floral image includes both Chinese Lanterns and American Bittersweet. When I first met my husband, he had a huge yard with so many plants I'd never seen before, including Chinese Lanterns. They are a delight, with small white flowers in summer, then come fall, the orange lanterns develop and in that temperate zone (Vancouver, WA), they were fairly long lasting. So, when I saw this stamp a few years later, I had to buy it.
It's illustrated by Marcella Hawley, the owner of Power Poppy. She has an amazing garden that inspired her beautiful drawings. While Power Poppy no longer appears to sell stamps, there are oodles of beautiful digital images for sale, including this one.
I colored everything using Copic and Altenew Artisan markers, including the addition of a bit of light blue around the image. The sentiment is one of my favorites and so I made sure that oval die I used to cut out the panel had sufficient room for it.
On the orange panel I used a large background stamp from MFT to create a subtle tone on tone look. I opted not to add any embellishments.
Thanks for taking time to stop by and I encourage you to pop over to the challenge blog to see all the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team. The challenge will remain open until Friday August 21st at 3pm EDT. I hope you'll join us this week!
Stef
PS if you're here early, come on back a later when my Color Hues DT post goes live.
- Power Poppy Sunny Harvest stamp set
- Stampingbella Autumn Sentiments stamp set
- MFT All Line Up Diagonally background stamp
- Spellbinders Essential Stylish Oval die
.png)


No comments:
Post a Comment