Sunday, July 28, 2024

Wildwood Florals for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  Today at The Paper Players we have a great sketch created by the lovely LeAnne.  We're also celebrating our 700th challenge - woo hoo!  Here's to many, many more.

The three circles could certainly be anything but I decided to pull out an as-yet-unused stamp and die set that was certainly deserving of some ink!  


The set from The Greetery has layering stamps for many of it's images and I was so pleased to see how easily they layered.  Sometimes it can be a challenge, at least for me, but these stamps required just a couple of tries before getting the results I was pleased with. After stamping, including the sentiment, everything was die cut with the matching dies. 

Along with the three flowers representing the circles on the sketch, I also added a few sprigs and leaves for interest.  The white panel was first run through with a cover die that only creates a stitched look to the images, then it was cut down with a rounded rectangle die.  That was layered onto a sage-like card base that went well some of the leaf colors, then the arrangement added with both foam tape and glue. The sentiment was partially layered on top of the largest flower and I was done.  I liked the clean look of this, so I didn't add any embellishments.


I hope you'll join us this week to celebrate our anniversary with this fabulous sketch!  Be sure to visit the challenge blog, where my wonderful teammates have some fabulous inspiration for you!

Take care!

Stef
  • The Greetery Wildwood Stamps and Dies
  • Pinkfresh Studio Floral Tiles Cover die
  • Hero Arts Rounded Rectangle die
  • Altenew Pastel Sunrise & Canyon Clay Crisp die inks and Peachy Glow, Golden Honeycomb, Amber Breeze, Melted Butterscotch, Silver Sage and Eucalyptus Fresh Die Inks
  • Simon Says Stamp Mocha ink

8 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Stef... great card! Love the embossed background!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely take on LeAnne's sketch!

LeAnne said...

Those layered stamps look amazing! I love them but sometimes they CAN be a challenge. You nailed it! The colors are just so beautiful together! Thanks for working your magic with my sketch!

Jan Clothier said...

Such a pretty interpretation of the sketch! The little details like the textured background and the rounded corners really make a difference to this beauty! :-)

Jaydee said...

Stef, fabulous take on the sketch. I love those soft florals and that fabulous background. It's subtle enough to give texture, but does not take away from those gorgeous flowers
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just beautiful Steph - your trio of flowers are so cheery and I love the dieplate background. Gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Stef! I love these colorful blossoms against the die cut background. The rounded corners lend an overall softness. What a great take on the sketch! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A soft and pretty color combination, Stef! I agree that the flowers are a great shape choice for overlapping circular elements suggest by LeAnne's fabulous sketch. Cheers, Jolanda