Thursday, July 4, 2024

Birthday Wishes for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends and Happy Independence Day to those in the United States! 

Welcome to my blog and to the month of July (already?) where it is time for a new theme at The Flower Challenge.  This one is easy - create a birthday card, with the requisite florals, of course.

I've had a couple of beautiful floral embossing folders that have been waiting to be used, so you'll get to see them both this month.  This first one has a floral frame with the perfect spot for a big sentiment.


I started by embossing an A2 sized panel of white cardstock, then used the matching dies to cut the flowers from a separate piece of cardstock.  I taped them inside the folder and embossed them was well, then set about ink blending everything.  

I was definitely in the mood for something bright and colorful!  I used an ink family of three yellow green inks over the background, keeping the center light.  The flowers were inked with three purples, and I used an intense yellow in the center which, because I couldn't keep all the purple out of it, came out more of a yummy orange-y yellow.

Before assembling the card, the panel and the flowers were splattered with white gouache and gold metallic paint to give it more interest, plus the gold tied in with the foiled sentiments.  No embellies this time, the splatter was enough.


Thanks for stopping by for a look and I hope you'll head over to the challenge blog where my wonderful and talented teammates have a wonderful variety of floral birthday cards to inspire you!  The challenge remains open until Thursday, July 25th, so I hope you'll make time to join us this month.

Take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Beaufort Floral Frame embossing folder and dies
  • Poppystamps Birthday Wishes Poe Script Foil and Die Cut set
  • SSS Celery, Limelicious, Pearfection, Lilac, Orchid and Amethyst inks
  • Altenew Lemonade Stand Fresh Die ink
  • Altenew Metallic Gold paint
  • White Gouace

2 comments:

Maria said...

Such a lovely card! Beautiful background with all the leaves in pretty green color! Love the pop of purple color with the flowers, too!

Marcia Hill said...

Your colors are absolutely GORGEOUS on this birthday card Stef...so bright and FUN! Loving all the splattering too! Wonderful, wonderful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)