Sunday, July 14, 2024

Thinking of You for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  This week brings our Color Challenge to The Paper Players.  Jaydee is hostess this time and she chose black, grey, red and white.

I had plans for a totally different card with these colors but then I happened upon a floral image that I'd stamped in ink intended for "no line" coloring.  I normally shy away shy away from "no line" because I find it much more difficult than coloring a stamped image. It took me much longer to make, however I was pleased with how it turned out. 


The full image is much larger, so I trimmed down the panel, which was less intimidating lol!  It was stamped on white, and I started with the leaves, which I colored in warm greys.  I continually referenced the stamp packaging to be sure I knew what I was coloring, which was extremely helpful when I began working on the flowers, and even then I think I changed a couple of the petals, but no one will ever know except you and me wink, wink. 

After I thought I was done coloring, I felt like it needed something more, so I colored in the background with a black marker and it really made the floral image pop!  I adhered it to a white card base and created a frame to add some interest.  Lastly, I added the sentiment with some thin foam squares, and while I thought about adding some sequins or gems, ultimately decided not to now.  I always do that later when I go to mail it.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll join us this week!  Be sure to pop over to the challenge blog, my wonderful teammates and guest designers have oodles more inspiration for you.

Take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Celebrate Rose Corner stamp
  • Altenew Cascading Flowers stamp (sentiment)
  • SSS A2 Nesting Frames and Sentiment Label die
  • Copic Markers - R39, 37, 35, W3, 1, 0, Black 100

15 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is GORGEOUS! Red is my favorite color and this bold flower is just fabulous! I always say, you are the best colorer in the world! Just WOW!!!!!!! I love it!

Nancy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Stef! Your coloring skills are incredible! I love the thin white frame and coming back with the black marker was worth the added effort! I don't think I could part with this beauty!

Chris Smith said...

This is stunning, Stef!

Jaydee said...

WOW! Stef, you colored this beautifully and I love that you took the black marker and covered up parts of it because that red floral just pops off the page. Stunning. Thank you for rocking my colors
hugs
jaydee

LeAnne said...

I cannot believe how you colored this beautiful floral, THEN colored in the whole background! It's STUNNING!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh my word, Stef! I've been dying to see how you did this card. I decided you must have just chanced on the perfect piece of DSP in your stash but no - you made it!!! Total brilliance!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza, Stef! This is oozing in elegance and perfectly colored. What a magnificent card!

Loll said...

STUNNING card Stef!! Those flowers are gorgeous against your black background. This is so beautiful and elegant. Amazing work! xx

ElizStewart said...

Stef... can I say WOW! The red is so dramatic and so beautifully colored...but to think you colored in the background. Just amazing! Truly a beautiful card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef this floral is truly STUNNING! I've no doubt it took time to colour, but boy was it worth it. The black really makes the floral stand out - so beautiful!

Ida said...

Wow this is a stunning card. I enlarged and boy does that image pop. You did a fantastic job with this.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am swooning right now!!! This is killer gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

WOW! This card is exquisite, Stef! Your coloring of the flower and leaves is perfect, as is the coloring of the black background. This is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Fabulous! It takes patience to watercolor such a large image and you did a lovely job. You are right that the black background makes the flowers pop, Stef. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Jolanda

Liz Williams said...

Floral themes are always some of my favorites. This is just gorgeous and so rich in color. You have done a beautiful job!