Sunday, June 23, 2024

Slider Birthday Card

Hello friends, I have a fun card to share with you that I made for my grandson.  I rarely make interactive cards but I saw the die used on a Jennifer McGuire video (link to her blog post with the video here) and thought that even I could figure out how to use it lol!

I'm sharing this over at Inkspirational, where they have a fabulous mood board and I was inspired by some of the colors.

I was planning on using various foiled geometric panels that I've had in my stash for a long time for a number of upcoming masculine birthdays (doesn't have to be just for men, but it works well for those dudes that wouldn't appreciate florals lol!).  This one in particular makes these cool 3D blocks, so I used the matching stencil with Distress Oxide inks to create a panel.


The stenciled panel was die cut with the interactive feature die (Pinkfresh Studio A2 Slider die), then the tag that goes underneath was die cut from a piece of aqua paper that matched the ink colors well.  You'll see in photos below that the front of the interactive part has scoring, so the panel will open using the tag to reveal a message.

The panel was popped up on a white card base using foam tape, then the tag slipped in and adhered to the bottom of the interactive feature.  I pulled the tag up then used glue dots to add the gift card, and it slid up and down smoothly.  The pictures below will show it better than I can explain it.  Pinkfresh also has a how-to video on their product page. 



The word happy was cut from matte silver cardstock, layered on the white shadow die, then adhered to the pop-up panel that also reveals the interior sentiment.  Sooo clever!  The last thing was to add some holographic stars for some added shine. 

It was a fun card to make and I know my grandson will appreciate it.


Thanks for visiting and have a good week!

Take care!

Stef

  • Pinkfresh Studio Geo Blocks Hot Foil Plate and Stencils
  • PS A2 Slider Card dies
  • SSS Big Happy die
  • Honey Bee Stamps Birthday Wishes Stamp and die
  • Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patin and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide inks
  • Silver Metallic Thread

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun design, Stef, this is cool!

Marina said...

What a great way to present a gift card - such a polished design and so celebratory in those colours. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.