Saturday, June 15, 2024

Thank You for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  We at The Flower Challenge are back with our mid-month reminder, where we have a great sketch to inspire your creativity!

I'm also sharing with the Time Out Challenge, where the theme is based on this wonderful quote by one of the great Impressionist painters, Henri Matisse. 
 "There are always flowers, for those that want to see them."

My first card for TFC92 used mostly new products so this time I decided to use some older products to create my card.


This beautiful flower is from Altenew's Build-A-Flower: Tree Peony stamp and die set.  The stamps are layering stamps, which I usually struggle with but the ones for the flower lined up really well.  I tried with the leaf a few times and gave up lol!  Since everything else, including the sweet sprigs behind the flower were in black and white, I decided the leaf could be too!

Next the Reflections Cover die was cut from white, as I initially thought I'd have a black card base.  But it just didn't come together, so I cut a strip of black per the sketch, added the die cut then popped up the floral images along with the sentiment, and a bit of bling topped things off.


Thanks for stopping by and I encourage you to do so over at the challenge blog as well, you will love seeing all the gorgeous inspiration my wonderful teammates are sharing over there!  If you haven't joined us yet or want to add another card to the gallery, the challenge remains open until Tuesday, June 25th.

Take care!

Stef
  • Altenew BAF: Tree Peony stamps and dies
  • Altenew Elegant Sayings stamp and die
  • Altenew Reflections die
  • Altenew Dew Drops, Aqualicious, Teal Cave, Honeydew Glow and Lemonade Stand Fresh Dye inks
  • Simon Says Stamp Surf Dazzling Gems

4 comments:

Greta said...

Such a beautiful flower and good to know the layering worked well. I struggle with layering stamps, usually. White worked great for the leaves. Thank you for joining us at Time Out.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful Stef! The shading and color on that flower is GORGEOUS and I love the white die cut against the black center panel...it really POPS!! And of course the white leaves match beautifully too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

What a neat background! So happy you played along with us at Time Out Challenges!

Bobby said...

Sorry you had trouble layering the stamps, Stef, but the colors look beautiful together and pop against the black and white background.