Sunday, June 16, 2024

Joyful Day for Color Hues

Hello friends!  Mid-month brings a new challenge over at Color Hues and this time the lovely Marcia has chosen pink and sage.

I'm also sharing with the Time Out Challenge, where the theme is based on this wonderful quote by one of the great Impressionist painters, Henri Matisse. 
 "There are always flowers, for those that want to see them."


And I'm sharing my card at Seize the Birthday for the Anything Goes choice.


No surprise, with the CH colors, I went with leafy branches and flowers, which also worked perfectly with the TOC challenge.


Pinkfresh Studio's new release included those pretty leafy branches, which I couldn't resist (wink, wink).  They were stamped, stenciled with three muted greens, then die cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment and matching die are from the same set.  One additional die cut was added to the leaf branches and two were added to the die cut sentiment, nice for a bit of dimension and also stability on the die cut background.

Next I die cut several tiny flowers from a Memory Box and Poppystamps die sets and ink blended them in pink.  I used the same pink on the front of the card base, then added the die cut trellis over which I adhered to branches, leaving room for the sentiment.  At first, I just had a few flowers on the branches but kept adding more and more until I'd used almost all of them, and liked how it looked much better.  After they were adhered, I curled up the petals a bit, then added a sparkly gem to the middle of each.  After adding the sentiment, I decided to finish things off with a couple more flowers - why not lol?


What are you inspired to create with these colors?  For more inspiration, be sure to visit the challenge blog, where my wonderful teammates have some fabulous cards to share with you.  The challenge will remain open until 9 am EDT June 29th - hope to see your card in the gallery!

Take care!

Stef

  • Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day stamps, dies and stencils
  • Memory Box Layered Impatiens
  • Poppystamps Petite Blooms Flower set
  • Altenew Garden Trellis Cover die
  • Altenew Blush Rose, Silver Sage, Jade and Eucalyptus Fresh Dye Inks
  • Honeybee Stamps Aurora Borealis Gem Stickers

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

So may many beautiful th8ngs to look at here Stef! Right from the circle in the panel, with that gorgeous trellis! The tiny pink blooms and the lovely leaves. You combined some amazing products together for your pretty card! So much talent!

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Stef. Love the background and the trellis, which is perfect for those lovely branches of blooms.

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you've done with the colors, Stef. This is a dreamy beautiful card!

Julie B said...

I saw this early on and loved it, so pretty Stef, it reminds me of a pink jasmine we had at our old place. The subtle ink behind the trellis works so well too. :)

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous design!

Nancy said...

This could not be any more beautiful, Stef. The flowers and leaves are shaded perfectly as is the background. That trellis die is one of my favs of yours. I might have to see if it is still available. This is one of those cards where you would just have to write on the envelope fluffing required. I love it when they stick out away from the base.

Marcia Hill said...

You can never have too many flowers in my opinion Stef, and this card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! (like all your cards!!) You have truly made my colors SHINE in this lovely, lovely card my friend, and I love, LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

Pinkfresh has so many inspiring stamps and dies. Your card is amazing and just simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Steph, love the trellis supporting the florals, gorgeous colours too, thankyou for playing along at STB, Cathy x

Karen said...

This is just fabulous! I love those pink flowers and all the dimension you've added makes them look so realistic! Of course, the lattice is the perfect background but you've upped the ante by adding the soft ink blending behind it. I love everything about this card!

Kate said...

O wow, this is amazing Stef - love the pink blending behind the trellis and the exquisite blooms growing on it! Thank you for playing cards with us this fortnight at Time Out Challenges and making our gallery look so good!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

JulieP said...

Stunner!!! I have never done a mix of stamped leaves and die cut florals. This is just beautiful! Loving the dimension.

Nancy said...

Happy to see this card in our gallery at Seize the Birthday it sure is as lovely as can be!

Greta said...

What a beautiful card and perfect for our challenge at Time Out!

Quillish said...

This is sooo pretty! Love it. The dainty flower on the trellis look beautiful. Thank you for taking time out to join us. Hugs ~ Ishani